Парк "Высокий Замок"
Парк "Высокий Замок"



Park High Castle was founded in 1835. Located on the slopes of the Castle (Princely) Mt. The total area of the park - 36,2 ha. In the park stands dominated by deciduous trees: chestnut, maple, sycamore, ash, linden, birch, poplar, acacia and pine. Consists of two terraces. On the lower terrace are the gardener's cottage (1892), chestnut alley, restaurant, and the lower observation deck, a memorial in honor of Maxim Kryvonosa, as well as a memorial stone raised in honor of the victory of Polish King Jan III Sobieski, over the Turkish army in 1675 at Lisinichskih fields, which can be seen from this place. For the decorations of the park here in the middle of the XIX century, have established an artificial cave with an inscription "15 August 1841, entrance to which is guarded by two stone lions of the XVII century from the old town hall with coats of arms of Lviv patrician families on the boards. On the upper terrace is an artificial mound with a viewing area (height 413 above sea level), pour in the 1869-1900 years of the Polish community of the city in honor of 300 years of Lublin. There are the remains of the ramparts of the castle, built by Polish kings, from which later was taken as material for construction of the mound in honor of the Union of Lublin. In the upper part of the park is located Lviv telecentre and teletranslyatsionnaya tower (height 192 meters), and another sculpture of a stone lion, transferred here from the town hall in 1874.
poi_monument_of_park_art
24.037931551171717,49.849011863273034
24.037931551171717,49.849011863273034,24.037931551171717,49.849011863273034